Omax Drill Head
Achieve reliable piercing of composites and laminates with an OMAX-engineered pneumatic drill specifically designed for the waterjet environment.
Solely customised for OMAX machining, the robust Drill Head permits repeatable piercing of laminates and composites prior to abrasive waterjet cutting and accurately pierces small diameter holes in thick material. With Intelli-MAX® innovation, no separate programming is required. The OMAX Drill Head is mounted to the Y-axis carriage and is easily adjustable in the Z-direction to move the accessory out of the way when not in use. No external power is required.
For further information and orders, please contact 01257 248480.
- Chrome-plated and hard alloy steel components enclosed inside water resistant cases and bellows to protect from a waterjet environment
- Corrosion-resistant cylinder wall will not rust in moist air
- Highly efficient 5,000 RPM air motor provides maximum power with minimum air consumption. Air motor design promotes longer drill bit life and quality drilled holes.
- Drill equipped with a collet holder and collet to hold a 1/16″ drill bit
- Fully adjustable pneumatic feed rate and depth of feed up to 3″ of travel and 112 lbs of thrust with 85 psi air
- Automatically controlled by OMAX
- Windows® PC-based control system
- Successfully pre-drill brittle and sensitive materials
- Reliably produce parts without delamination
- Eliminate the process of tedious hand drilling with customized registration templates. When used with the OMAX PC-based controller, the Drill Head can quickly and automatically drill holes in desired locations before cutting material with a jet stream.
- Windows PC-based controller installed with Intelli-MAX® Software Suite Version 18.0 or higher
- Motorized Z-Axis, Tilt-A-Jet, or A-Jet®
- Routinely apply air line lubrication and gear train grease
- Filtration system (40 microns max.) for the air feed connected to the drill