Collision Sensing Terrain Follower
The OMAX Collision Sensing Terrain Follower allows a JetMachining® Center to automatically and accurately cut parts from materials with irregular or warped surfaces without the need for special programming.
The Terrain Follower attaches directly to the machine’s Z-axis. Changes in a material’s height are detected and the Z-axis automatically makes the required height adjustments, maintaining the necessary cutting standoff (typically within ± 0.020”). A collision detector pauses jet motion if obstructions are in the path of the nozzle.
For further information and orders, please contact 01257 248480.
- Linear encoder senses changes in material height during cutting operations
- A collision detector protects the nozzle and related hardware from damage
- Built-in containment guard minimizes nozzle splash and spray during machining
- Easy field retrofit to a Motorized Z-Axis or Tilt-A-Jet®
- Heavy duty liquid-tight electrical fitting with spring-type strain relief
- O-ring seal bulk-head air fittings with protective boots
- Automatically maintains the correct nozzle standoff throughout the cutting process
- Adjusts automatically to uneven surfaces; reduces need for additional programming
- Constantly senses necessary height adjustments when activated, unlike other contour following products on the market
- Reduces potential equipment damage from nozzle collisions
- Simple setup and operation
- No special programming required
- No requirement to map the elevation of your material—simply move the nozzle to where you want to begin cutting and push start
- Electrical connections armoured for durability
- Robust sealing to withstand the abrasive waterjet environment
- No matter where you are located in the world, you’ll receive effective technical support to ensure your CSTF is operating at its highest levels. With hundreds of active units in the field, our technicians are strategically located to meet customer needs.
- Microsoft Windows® Contact OMAX Customer Service for information if you are running DOS
- Motorized Z-Axis or Tilt-A-Jet
- OMAX Software version 11 or greater