The MicroMAX is the industry’s most precise abrasive waterjet with a positioning accuracy of less than five microns. The machine is capable of cutting extremely small parts in virtually any material. The advanced Tilt-A-Jet cutting head on the machine allows for taper-free edges and rapid cutting speeds.
The MicroMAX JetMachining Centre is the ideal solution for ultra-precision abrasive waterjet machining. Utilising advanced high-precision optical linear encoders, innovative vibration isolation, and proven software control systems, the MicroMAX JetMachining Centre is capable of a positioning accuracy of less than five microns while retaining all the advantages of abrasive waterjet machining. The MicroMAX can machine stainless steel, titanium, carbon fibre, PEEK, glass, nitinol, graphite, copper, composites, laminates, and more, with high precision and smooth finishing, for either prototyping or production.
Ideal for production runs and prototype development, the MicroMAX is a highly rigid machine with a table size of 2 feet 4 inches by 2 feet 4 inches and an X-Y cutting travel of 2 feet by 2 feet.
For further information and orders, please contact 01257 248480.
Like all OMAX JetMachining Centres, the MicroMAX is a flexible, cost-effective and beneficial alternative to conventional machining operations. Because waterjet-based machining is a cold-cutting process, it eliminates thermal stress in the workpiece, preventing hardening and warping. The MicroMAX also enables manufacturers across all industry segments to accomplish quick turnaround of accurate parts without the hassle of tool changes or complex fixturing, as well as achieve smooth surface finishes without the need for secondary machining.
Features & Benefits
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floorspace utilization
- Very high precision with 0.1 micron linear optical encoder system
- Highly rigid structure with low mass bridges and carriages
- Stiff construction greatly reduces vibration and increases accuracy
- Vibration isolation of table and gantries
- All components have matched thermal expansion
- Revolutionary patent-pending process for fine abrasive feed rate
- Full enclosure with environmental controls provides quiet, safe and clean operation below 80db
- Advanced pressure controls for piercing delicate materials
- No heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- Standard OMAX 7/15 Mini MAXJET 5 Nozzle acquires finer precision cutting capability with a 0.007″ orifice and a 0.015″ mixing tube combination
- Standard Tilt-A-Jet taper eliminating abrasivejet cutting head
- Standard Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Machines a wide range of materials with high accuracy
- Can machine hardened steel as easily as annealed steel
- Easily cut non-conductive and reflective materials
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
|Footprint * – (L x W)||1,880 mm x 2,134 mm|
|Height **||2,134 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||1,724 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||635 mm x 635 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||114 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||889 mm x 914 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Ballbar Circularity||±0.0152 µm|